Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How are you feeling?

How do you feel about your current situation?

Hopeless? Where is the money for the mortgage, bills and holiday gifts going to come from? Are you facing bankruptcy or foreclosure? Lost your job? Lost a large part of your income? Are you thinking too much? Are you staying awake at night because of worry?

This is my Holiday Present for you.

I do not “know” how you feel. I know how I would feel under similar circumstances. I do appreciate your situation!

So, we are facing huge difficulties and don’t see ways out. The situation(s) seems terrible and hopeless!

Take a deep breath and hold it. It will stop the "thinking too much" for little, maybe just long enough for some questions to register.

Consider, Moses standing before the burning bush. How do you think he felt? How did the situation seem to him? He was being told to go where everyone wanted to kill him! Who was going to believe that a bush could be on fire but not turned to ash? Would they kick him out of the town because he was crazy?

How does my situation compare?
Do I know anyone who wants to take my life?
Am I going to be labeled “crazy”?

The answer for me to both question is “no”. People may say things about my time or money management. But, probably nothing that going to get me physically hurt or locked up.

Lets fast forward. Consider Moses again. This time he is on the shore of the Red Sea. The cloud of dust from the Egyptian army is getting closer. He’s trapped! Now, he’s going to die! He would also be framed or blamed for a massacre.

How does my situation compare?
Is anyone, including myself, going to die because of what I’ve done?
What about serious physical harm?

The answers for me again thankfully is “no”. There are many other examples of “impossible” situations in the Bible and in other literature as well. Each one is resolved in an unexpected way.

I’m glad I do not know my future. I may not have courage to go through some things, even though there is a huge reward on the other side.

I also don’t have the wisdom to know what to change in my past even if I could. I know that making even minute changes in the present can lead to huge consequences. How would I feel if I changed something that led to not having my son?

Enough rambling.

Summary
Look for something you can be sincerely grateful for. When you experience the gratitude “feel” it with you whole being.

Know and believe: You will live through this. It will be over. You have the resources now to transform this situation into something you hope for.

You know what you are afraid of. What do you hope for? Imagine that the hope is fulfilled. How do you “feel”? Spend time feeling this way. The more time you can feel like everything is taken care of and experience joy, the sooner things will move in that direction.

Choose to make your holidays wonderful for yourself and your family!


What’s the best thing to happen to you today?
Letitia
http://www.VaporizeStressNOW.com

No comments:

Post a Comment